- Information that you provide on this website, such as:
- registering your interest in volunteering or requesting to be kept up to date with what’s happening
- reporting a problem with the site
- transactions carried out through the site – for example ordering tickets for festival events (though no financial details are involved as the tickets are free)
- Any letters that you write to us will be kept for our records
- Feedback forms or evaluation material that you fill it at our festival venues – though these will usually be anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself.
We promise that all the information you provide to us will be stored securely and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act. We will not release your personal details to any third parties. Data will be used solely for:
- communication with you
- evaluation of different festival events and the festival as a whole, so that we can improved the festival in future years. In any analysis undertaken and reproduced, comments made will not be attributed to the person or organisation making them unless we seek prior permission from you
- improving the quality of the website – through the tracking process mentioned above – and allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service if you want to do so.
Because we are using Google analytics we cannot promise that data will not be transferred to and stored outside the UK because we have no control over Google. However, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure it is treated securely. Again, transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal data, participation is at your own risk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
Date of adoption of this policy: 27 April 2014
First review: 18 March 2015
Date for next review: 17 March 2016